The Double Tree Hilton Hyde Park’s location is perfect to use it as a base to explore London, you have a Hyde Park just in front of you, Bayswater on your left and Notting Hill on the right. Streets are flat with low curbs, Notting Hill and Portobello Road can get quite crowded and in some places the pavement can get a bit narrow but it works fine.
Turning right towards Notting Hill tube station (that may be around 3 blocks) you have an Italian and a Mexican accessible restaurant, an accessible local boozer and plenty of accessible cafes.
Turning left towards Queensway you can easily find accessible places to eat, drink and also a shopping-mall and a cinema.
Right opposite the hotel are Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park that are great places to get some exercise done or just go for a stroll.
The hotel itself is very clean and cosy with rooms with the mod cons (Nespresso machine as standard). The service is great and the staff are very helpful. I remember pulling the ‘Alarm cord’ by accident while in the toilet and after less than 3 minutes there was someone knocking my door asking if there was everything all right.
The wheelchair-friendly room number 56 had a spacious bathroom with seated shower and met all my requirements, it contained all the amenities of a standard room, plus a few additional features for my accessibility needs.
As for accessibility, the hotel is equipped as follows:
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry or passage doors that provide 32” of clear width
- Accessible hotel restaurant
- Accessible parking
- Accessible parking spaces for cars in the self-parking facility
- Accessible public entrance
- Accessible registration desk
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guest rooms
- Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
- Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant
- Accessible transportation with advance notice
- Alarms - Audible
- Automatic opening of bedroom door from the inside
- Bathroom doors at least 32 inches wide
- Bedroom doors at least 32 inches wide (812mm)
- Emergency pull cords bedside bed & in bathroom available
- Evacuation chair available to help evacuate a disabled person
- Hotel complies with ADA Guidelines
- Hotel complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Level or ramp entrance into the building
- Lower or Adjustable Closet Rod
- Lowered emergency evacuation instructions
- Lowered light switches
- Lowered peep hole in door
- Lowered shelf storage
- Lowered sink
- Lowered thermostat controls
- Lowered toilet
- Public Areas/Facilities accessible for physically challenged
- Roll-in Shower
- Service support animals welcome
- Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
- Wheelchair ramp for lobby/reception access
Great location, great staff, clean, quiet & comfortable. Worked out pretty well.
150 Bayswater Road, London, W2 4RT, United Kingdom
Get your wheels out for a spin in London Folks, and have a Good Time X