Arcotel Velvet Berlin is located in one of the most vibrant areas of Berlin-Mitte, where creativity and art come together.
Thanks to the attractive location the hotel is a perfect place to stay for culture, entertainment, fashion and for discovering Berlin’s sights. The Museum Island, the popular Hackesche Höfe, the famous Friedrichstraße, the “Unter den Linden” boulevard and numerous theatres, galleries and lots of cultural scenes are reachable within “walking” (rolling) distance.
Wheelchair access is pretty good with adapted transfer available from the airport. The hotel has 6 accessible double rooms which contain accessible bathrooms with grab rails, a shower which is slightly on a step, washstand accessible for wheelchair users and a shower chair available upon request. Also available in the room are a fold-away mirror in height of the face for wheelchair users and a telephone in the bathroom which has a direct emergency call to reception. The hotel entrance has no steps.
The Arcotel Velvet offers 6 double rooms which are accessible for wheelchair users and are equipped as follows;
- The room and bathroom doors have a minimum width of 90 cm
- No doorsteps at the access to the room and to the bathroom
- Min. 1.5 m free space in the bathroom
- 60-80 cm free space in front of and beside the bed
- Minimum width of the corridor: 1.15 m
- Height of the beds: min. 0.5 m
- Washstand accessible with wheelchair
- Fold-away mirror at head height
- Handrails beside the bathtub and toilet
- Shower partly on steps and equipped with hand shower
- Rooms accessible with elevator; the elevator doors have a minimum width of 90 cm Public area:
- Hotel entry without doorsteps
- Direct emergency call in the bathroom to the reception (staffed 24 hours per day)
- Shower seat available upon request
Oranienburger Str. 52, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Go on folks, take your wheels out for a spin in Berlin and have a Good Time.